You can search for homes on Zillow and create saved searches to receive updates on your search preferences.
- Start your home search on Zillow.com by typing in a neighborhood, city, county, or zip code and clicking the magnifying glass icon to load the search result page.
- The search result page contains a map view and filters to refine your search further.
- Customize your search by using the filters for Listing Type, Price, Beds & Baths, Home type, and other filters under More.
- On the right side of the map, you can narrow the location of the search and adjust your search results by using the tools to zoom in and out on the map.
- You can also draw your own custom search area by using the Draw tool to search in the area you are interested in. Your results will then be limited to that customized boundary.
- Click on Schools to show local schools in the area.
- Once you have selected your filters and the area you are interested in, you can also choose to save your search by clicking Save Search in the top right corner.
- You'll be prompted to sign in, name your search, and set the frequency you want to receive updates on new listings that come on the market.
To give you a quick way to filter your search, we’ve grouped listings into two categories: “Agent Listings” and “Other Listings.” You can easily toggle back and forth to find great homes in each group. More information here.
When viewing the listing results, you can also Sort by: Most Recent Change, Homes for You, Price (High to Low), Price (Low to High) Newest, Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Square Feet, and Lot Size.
To search by schools (grade level or school zone):
Click on the school button to show the schools on the map . You can limit your search results based on grade level (elementary, middle, high school), type of school (public, private, charter), and rating (provided by GreatSchools.com) using the filter box.
Click on a school's graduation cap icon to view more details about the school. To see homes within a specific school's boundary lines, click "View homes this school serves." The search results will update to display only the homes that fall within that school’s boundaries.
On a mobile app? Check out app-specific instructions here: