Hey, neighbor! We are committed to helping everyone find their way home and are dedicated to ensuring everyone is treated fairly and respectfully. We value our users’ diverse backgrounds and contributions to their communities, and we expect all users to comply with local, state and federal fair housing laws, including state and local laws that expressly protect individuals based on sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, source of income (including federal, state, or local rental-assistance programs, such as Section 8 housing choice vouchers and temporary rental assistance), veteran status, disability, marital status, or age. We also urge our users to look beyond fair housing laws and treat others without prejudice.
By using our services, we ask that you follow our Good Neighbor Policy:
- Be respectful of others and comply with all applicable federal, state and local fair housing laws
- Be honest
- Post information that is appropriate and in context with real estate
- Use good judgment
- Think Golden Rule
- Respect the privacy of your neighbors
Please Do Not
- Post any listing or make any statement that discourages or indicates a preference for or against any applicant on account of a protected class under federal, state, or local law, as this is illegal
- It is illegal under the Fair Housing Act to treat a potential purchaser or renter differently based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or familial status.
- Many states and localities have adopted their own fair housing laws to expand upon these federal protections, such as prohibiting discrimination based on an individual’s sexual orientation, gender identity, or source of income (including federal, state, or local rental-assistance programs, such as Section 8 housing choice vouchers and temporary rental assistance).
- Post any other discriminatory, abusive, obscene, threatening, or libelous content
- Engage in other illegal communication, or disclosure of confidential or sensitive information
- Upload photos or content that infringes copyright
- Engage in spam, advertising or self-promotional content. This includes, but it not limited to, any contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses or website URLs
- Use more than one account to post content on public boards for the same Zillow Group brand
The Bottom Line
If we feel any content is inappropriate or off-topic, we reserve the right to remove it and, if we deem necessary, restrict access.
Basically, respect other folks on the site. Be a good neighbor. And, if you see anything that is inappropriate, please report it.
That’s it! We enjoy having you here and want to thank you for helping make Zillow more useful for everyone.
The Zillow Team