Zillow will support the upload and display of photos that meet the following requirements:
- Photos must be in JPG, GIF, PNG, or TIF image format.
- Photo file size must be smaller than 50 MB – we suggest 10 MB for best quality.
- Photo dimensions must be at least 330 pixels wide by 220 pixels high – we suggest 1536 pixels wide by 1152 pixels high for best quality.
If you are having trouble uploading photos, please review the troubleshooting tips below for the most common photos issues.
If photos are missing from your home details page or listing, it is likely the photos do not meet the format or size requirements specified above. The photos will need to be edited prior to uploading directly on Zillow or through a listing feed.
- Uploading photos directly on Zillow – please ensure your photos meet the requirements and attempt uploading again.
- Uploading photos via a listing feed – listing feed photos must be uploaded at the feed source instead of directly on Zillow. This will require contacting your agent/listing service directly to assist with the upload. Once the feed source has been updated, the photos will appear on Zillow within 24 hours.
Photos are sideways or upside down
If photos are not displaying in the correct orientation, it is likely the photo is missing EXIF orientation data or has incorrect EXIF orientation data.
To manually rotate your photos, follow the steps below:
- From the More drop-down at the top of the property page, select Edit listing, photo and price.
- On the edit page, select the individual photo to be rotated.
- Click the rotate button at the bottom of the photo box until the photo is in the correct orientation.
- Save the orientation change by clicking the blue Save button in the photo window.
- Scroll to the bottom of the listing edit page and click the blue Update for sale by owner to update your listing.
Photos are the incorrect size
If you receive an error message stating your photos are the incorrect size, the photos will need to be resized. There are many free software tools and online services for resizing photos. Please edit the size of the photo using a photo editing tool before uploading it to Zillow.
If you continue to experience issues uploading photos after trying the troubleshooting tips above, contact us and we will be happy to assist you with the process.