If you checked the Allow Zillow to contact this landlord for a reference option while completing the Residence History section of your rental application, our partner, The Verification Company, will contact your previous landlord for a reference based on the following questions:
- Please confirm the address of the home where the tenant rented from.
- Did the tenant complete their lease term?
- Did the tenant ever default on monthly rent?
- Did you have to withhold any part of your security deposit from the tenant to pay for repairs?
- Did you have to charge the tenant for repairs outside of the security deposit?
- Would you rent to the tenant again?
You will also be alerted via email when this reference is complete, and you will have the option to follow up with the prospective landlord with any other information regarding this reference.
*Verified Landlord References is currently a pilot and is not available to all users