The following types of data won't be included in a deletion:
- Information we get from public records and other sources about properties, including square feet, number of rooms, property taxes and past sales. Or the Zestimate®, Zillow's estimate of a home's market value.
- Data that isn't linked to you or your account.
- Information outside the scope of the state privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act.
In some circumstances, we may need to retain data or keep an account active for a period of time. For example:
We cannot delete your information if you have ongoing business with us, such as a rental application, an offer on your home, automatic rent payments or an active Premier Agent account.
For legal reasons, we need to retain your information for a period of time after any business transaction ends.
We won't be able to delete data if we're required to keep it or if it's necessary to combat fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities.
We cannot delete your data until we've completed any archive request you've made
Some types of data can only be deleted by you — including any photos, videos or 3D home tours that you have uploaded. In those instances, you will need to delete that data before you submit a deletion request. Once we complete a deletion request, you won't be able to log in to remove any other data.
It's also possible that some data related to your use of our sites and apps lives on your personal devices and is outside our control. If you'd like to remove that data as well, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Clear cookies on all of your devices.
- Delete and then reinstall any Zillow Group apps on your devices
For more information, please see our Privacy Portal.