When your home is listed for sale by owner, you can update your listing status at any time. Your listing status can change to and from an active listing, pending, and off market.
To change the listing status on your for sale by owner listing:
- Log into the Zillow account used to create the listing.
- Click My Zillow in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select Listings from the My Zillow toolbar.
- Choose Edit listing from the editing menu.
- Under Home status, click the drop-down menu to select For Sale, Pending, or Sold.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Update for sale by owner to save changes.
When you want to remove your listing, you can select if your home is Sold or No Longer for Sale. If your home has sold, you have the option to enter a sale price and date. Make sure to click the blue Update status button to complete the cancellation.
If you are still experiencing issues updating your listing status, please contact our Customer Care team through our contact form.