The background report displays as unavailable if you do not enter your social security number (SSN). If you do not have an SSN, you can still submit an application, go through ID verification, and request a credit report, but a background check report will not be generated.
If your application hasn't been submitted yet, go to your renter hub and click Update next to Your screening reports and enter your SSN.
If you have already submitted your application and would like to add your SSN, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Zillow account: https://www.zillow.com/renter-hub
- Go to zillow.com and find any other rental listing with an Apply now button. (you can do so easily by selecting the filter Accepts Zillow applications under the more button)
- Click Apply now which will take you to the application overview page. On that page, locate the Your screening reports section and click Update to add your information.
- You will be prompted to enter your SSN and when you proceed the system will create the report.
- Click Done and this will generate the background check.
You will not be applying to the property unless you click Agree and Submit. Once your background check has been generated, it will automatically be visible in the landlord's account, and all of your submitted applications.