Zillow Group is committed to maintaining a platform on which all users are treated fairly and respectfully, in compliance with laws, per our Respectful Renting Pledge. We encourage you to work with a licensed legal professional in your area to understand the fair housing laws and related guidance from HUD and other federal and state agencies that may be applicable to your use of criminal background checks. If you are concerned about your ability to use the criminal background information provided by Checkr in a way that enables you to comply with laws, you can always opt to not consider this information.
Articles in this section
- Why do I see multiple applications from the same applicant?
- What questions are included in the online application? Can I see a sample?
- How can I make sure that I use the criminal background check in a way that promotes fair housing?
- Why can't I see the background check?
- How can I comply with my Fair Housing Act obligations while using the applications product?
- If my state has rules about the application fees that I can charge to my applicants, can I adjust the fees that Zillow charges to applicants?
- How is this information kept safe?
- Does requesting a credit report affect an applicant’s credit score?
- Will this be available in the Zillow Rental Manager App?
- What if multiple people share the same login? Who should do the identity verification?