Zillow Group does not permit landlords to charge separate applications fees. Zillow Group charges prospective rents a user fee of $29 for use of its platform for 30 days. During those 30 days, prospective renters can send their information (with third-party provided credit and background checks) to an unlimited number of potential landlords. We do not share any of the platform user fees with landlords, and we do not permit landlords to charge application fees to prospective renters who have utilized our platform.
Articles in this section
- Troubleshooting Applicant Issues
- Why do I see multiple applications from the same applicant?
- What questions are included in the online application? Can I see a sample?
- How can I make sure that I use the criminal background check in a way that promotes fair housing?
- Why can't I see the background check?
- How can I comply with my Fair Housing Act obligations while using the applications product?
- If my state has rules about the application fees that I can charge to my applicants, can I adjust the fees that Zillow charges to applicants?
- How is this information kept safe?
- Does requesting a credit report affect an applicant’s credit score?
- Will this be available in the Zillow Rental Manager App?