Each active listing will show a Time on Zillow counter. This counter tracks the total amount of time that has elapsed since the property was initially listed for sale.
If a listing is sourced from an IDX listing feed, the Time on Zillow is determined by the On Market Timestamp provided by the MLS. Because the Time on Zillow is determined by the source, this information cannot be manually changed on Zillow.
If a listing is sourced from a non-IDX listing feed, the Time on Zillow can be reset only under the following circumstances:
- Listing type changes – Listed as For Sale by Owner to For Sale by Agent (or vice versa)
- Switches in listing ownership – except when the below instances occur:
- The listing ownership remains in the same office/brokerage AND has the same MLS number
- The listing is de-listed and relisted by the same listing agent with a different MLS number (while this resets the days within the MLS, this does not reset the Days on Zillow unless the listing was off-market for 31+ consecutive days)
- Listing is off-market for 31+ consecutive days, but the system did not recognize it