Zillow lets home shoppers compare the latest mortgage rates from hundreds of participating lenders, all in one place and without sharing your personal information. Here’s how:
Step 1: Submit a loan request
- Visit Zillow.com/mortgage-rates, where you'll be prompted to fill in a few fields with your information to get personalized rates.
- You are anonymous – your name, address, phone number and Social Security number are not required. However, through Zillow's secure system, you provide information – such as the type of mortgage loan you want, your income level, and an assessment of your credit rating. Being truthful and accurate is important since lenders base their loan quote on the information you provide.
Step 2: Receive mortgage quotes
- Based on the information you provide, customized mortgage quotes — from numerous confirmed mortgage lenders — will appear on your screen in real-time. These loan quotes will appear adjacent to your loan request.
- Each lender is required to divulge all quotes, rates, and lender fees in the mortgage quote that is returned to you. As a result, you will not receive generic marketing rates; each quote will be customized to fit your loan request.
- Lenders compete for your business by providing competitive rates and good customer service.
Step 3: Get organized & contact a lender
- Once you receive your customized quotes, we encourage you to sort, filter and compare them based upon what matters most to you. Your mortgage quotes will be sorted to highlight the best rates for you from lenders with the lowest APR and good reviews. You can also sort by monthly payment, fees, rate and more. Filtering your results by loan programs and/or points can also help you organize your quotes.
- We'd also recommend paying attention to lender reviews – we have hundreds of thousands of lender ratings and reviews on Zillow.
- Contact the mortgage lender you like by e-mail, phone or by visiting their website. Ask more questions or start your loan application.
Ready to start shopping?