At Zillow, we strive to give people the power to unlock life’s next chapter and our Zillow Premier Agents are an essential piece to our mission. In an effort to simplify the way we collect listing data, we are moving from thousands of disparate data feeds to MLS Internet Data Exchange (IDX) to help Zillow’s goal of offering its more than 200 million unique monthly visitors receive the most up-to-date and comprehensive listing information possible. While this offers both our consumers and Zillow Premier Agents many benefits, it also means we must update some of our features to be in compliance with MLS’s rules and regulations, summarized below.
Changes to Listing Display:
- Starting early January 2021, the “contact agent” form on listings will have a new look — in order to comply with MLS advertising rules, we’ll no longer feature buyer’s agent photos and contact info on the contact form. We've seen strong performance in our tests of the new contact form, and we expect no change to the number of connections you will get as a result of the new experience.
- Your information will instead be displayed on a new page designed to help you stand out with buyers in your market, and your presence there will be determined by your share of voice, just like it was on the “contact agent” form. If you participate in our co-marketing advertising program, the lender you co-market with will appear on this new advertising page and continue to appear on your agent profile page.
- As part of our transition to IDX feeds, we will be sunsetting the Featured Listings product to be compliant with MLS rules and regulations around advertising. We’re committed to providing and are currently developing better ways of supporting your listings’ visibility for the future.
- To better serve you and your clients, we recently announced our move to receive listings through IDX feeds starting in 2021. Once we make this transition, we’ll be subject to new advertising requirements. To maintain compliance, Pre-Foreclosure advertising will be discontinued after December 31, 2020.
Premier Agent Direct:
- To better serve you and your clients, we recently announced our move to receive listings through IDX feeds starting in 2021. Once we make this transition, we’ll be subject to new advertising requirements. To maintain compliance, Premier Agent Direct advertising will be discontinued after December 31, 2020.
Premier Agent Websites:
- In January 2021, we will be discontinuing Premier Agent Websites. At that time, your Premier Agent website will be taken down and the domain name will be released.